July 15, 2008

London Calling

A few days back when I had viral fever, I sprained my back while coughing. I somehow believe that it has something to do with the entanglement of veins and nerves in that area. It was unbearable and torturous pain and I still have problems sitting properly. When I told my roomie that I was thinking that this flick needed to be operated in London, she laughed it over. I have mentioned it several times since then but you bet, she never changes her reaction and laughs in the same amused manner.

But I am serious.

It has so happened in the past that complicated surgeries of arm, back, hinge and ball and socket have been performed successfully in London. Talk of Sachin Tendulkar who with a serious back trouble landed up nowhere but in London to get himself operated to fitness. Though it is another fact that the plunge in his lowly performance continued after the knotty operation was executed. But dark is not always the future. In his latest book The 3 mistakes of my life, Chetan Bhagat talks about Ali's complicated operation which too happens in London. Apparently, the operation becomes successful and Ali hits straight sixes as he steps on the ground. One of the reasons that I flinched watching Kal Ho Na Ho was that evidently the operation that Shahrukh had to undergo was not done in London but New York. Had it been London, the story would have been a different one. Shahrukh's operation would have emphatically succeeded and an after movie scene from the flick [if you got that golden ticket from 'Last action hero'] would have revealed a grey haired Shahrukh besides Preity who would be rambling the same sentences about Shahrukh as she did for Saif.

Hence, I believe that London is quite an impressive place, apt for having a surgical practice performed on you. Since it has the power to change lives, to bend stories and to modify the future. Therefore with all my sincerity I earnestly state that my complicated back trouble needs to be operated in London.

No comments: